Friday, July 19, 2013

Monsters?

Hmmm...


Today we were going to go see Monsters University. The kids were all excited to go and I think Ernestine and I were too!! LOL We finally got to the movie theater, we got lost again, and found out that the water main had burst so the theater was closed. We were bummed but we headed back to the hotel as we were meeting my friend in the afternoon.

In 2003 I joined a group that was all ladies pregnant for the first time all due in October. We chatted about all parts of our pregnancies, the ups and downs and just life in general. We "watched" as everyone welcomed their new baby into the world. We kept in touch and have watched our families grow and our children get bigger over the years. I found out that one of the ladies in our group lives not all that far from where we are staying! Because it was so hot, we decided that they would come to the hotel and swim with us and we would be able to chat. It is the first time that we would actually meet in person!! Larissa and her girls Ariel and Jessie are so nice!! The kids had such a great time playing in the pool together and we enjoyed watching our youngest learn to swim and the older ones play and swim in the pool. We also enjoyed talking to each other for the first time in person.

Me (left) Larissa (right)

Robert (left) Ariel (right)

We were getting ready to say goodbye and I was walking them to the door and don't you know the klutz bug struck again. I thought I left him at home!! There was a big puddle of water and my bad ankle went flying from under me. It was swelling up and I had two hotel staff members help me back to our room. Larissa was so sweet that her and her girls went and got us dinner! She was such a blessing to us by just getting us dinner and helping get our stuff back to the room!! Thank you so so much Larissa!!!

A group that was started over 10yrs ago and we are still in contact today. This group has been such a blessing to each of us at one time or another and I am so thankful to have been able to "meet" these ladies and in some cases actually have met them in person. They are all a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment