Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Exciting Day of Travel

The Exciting Day of Travel!

Day 2 of travel was now upon us and we were all up VERY early.  We had the van packed up and were on the road by 7:30 est! We had all settled in for what we knew was going to be a very very long day of traveling. Finally we were coming to the end of PA. We were excited to get to Ohio finally.....but wait....what's this???

What a pretty bridge.

Hey I didn't know WV was between PA and OH!! Guess we need to brush up on our geography!! LOL


What a pretty view!!


Another bridge. Could we be crossing into OH now??


It appears that way!!


O-HI-O!!!!


I discovered something out about Ohio. You can take all the scenery pictures you want, but no matter where they are taken from while traveling on the highway, they will look like this....

Soybean fields

 Corn Fields

That is it. I grew up in the mountains and CT isn't exactly what I would call in the mountains but Ohio, I don't even know how to express the flatness of it!! I was explaining it to my mom and laughing because I couldn't believe how incredibly flat it was!!!

The funny thing about Ohio is it is completely flat until you hit Cinncinatti!!! Then you start seeing the hills and mountains again!! So weird! It is like 2 totally different parts of the country pushed together!!


Once you get through Cinncinati, you cross yet another bridge and go into Kentucky!!




Kentucky and Ohio are 2 totally different worlds when it comes to landscape. Kentucky is full of mountains and hills and is beautiful!! We also found some interesting signs!!





Along our route we notice that at certain parts we were only minutes away from another state that none of us have ever been to. So you know what that means!! DETOUR!!! 
A short little jaunt down a mountain road and over another river, (ever notice how many rivers they have out here??) and we are in.......





We crossed the border, went to a gas station to see if I could find a post card, (no such luck, they are really hard to find, go figure!) and then turned around and headed back to KY!!
After what seemed like FOREVER in Kentucky I finally saw the first sign that we were getting close!!
The sky wasn't looking so good and we hit a couple of pretty bad rain storms. Did you know down here they put their flashers on in bad weather so that other vehicles can see them better? Brilliant!! Once the storm passed and we started seeing clearer skies, finally the sign we were all waiting for.....






We had finally made it!!! As we approached Nashville my heart was thumping and I couldn't believe that I was actually IN Nashville, TN!! My first thought was "Holy Crap, I am in Nashville!!" It is an unbelievable dream come true!!! I may not see any big stars while I am here, or I might, but just being blessed with the ability to be here is amazing!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment